We are pleased to be using the Keller Funnel ‘no touch’ technique for breast enlargements and implants, as an easier way of inserting implants without touching them. The groundbreaking surgery device created by Plastic Surgeon Kevin. M. Keller for plastic surgeons, reduces the chance of bacterial contamination, refining the art of breast surgery.
What is Keller Funnel®?
The Keller Funnel is a simple yet phenomenal surgical innovation device that has redefined the breast augmentation procedure and reconstruction surgeries. By cleverly guiding silicone breast implants into the surgical pocket, it reduces the necessity of the surgeons to touch and handle the implant during insertion, thus helping to prevent bacteria, contamination or infections.
Made of nylon and cone shaped, it becomes extremely slippery when immersed in a sterile solution like saline, due to its hydrophilic coating inside the funnel. The implant is placed inside the transparent funnel with minimal handling, and the surgeon then carefully and gently pushes and squeezes it through the funnel, through the insertion and into the prepared breast pocket. All done with minimal contact and precise positioning.
Why do surgeons like to use the Keller Funnel?
The Keller Funnel has refined and transformed the way in which surgeons insert breast implants, and become an extremely significant and important tool in the breast implant and cosmetic surgery world. Below are just a few reason as to why surgeons prefer to insert breast implants with the Keller Funnel 2;
- Over 96% of plastic surgeons would recommend the Keller Funnel 2 to other surgeons, colleagues and medical peers
- It gives the surgeon much more control so they can completely visualize and control the implant as they insert them
- 93% of surgeons agreed that the Keller Funnel 2 helps to make the delivery and insertion of breast implants easier, compared to the traditional method
- It allows faster, more streamlined insertion into the breast pocket through the smooth, low friction surface, making 63% of plastic surgeons agree that it saves time during surgery.
Plastic surgeons may like and prefer to use the Keller Funnel, for the reasons above, but what’s more important is why the Keller Funnel benefits breast surgery patients.
Why is the Keller Funnel good for patients?
- Smaller / shorter incisions – inserting the implant into the larger end of the funnel, the surgeon then squeezes it through to the smaller narrower end, and into the breast pocket. Due to the small end preciseness of the funnel, the surgeon doesn’t have to make a large traditional cut on the breast to position the implant by hand, but rather a smaller incision to insert the implant precisely via the funnel.
- Less scar tissue – Due to the smaller incision hole, patients could benefit from less scar tissue too
- Increased protection from infection – the no touch delivery technique greatly minimises the surgeons contact with the implants, as well as the surrounding tissues, making the whole process more sterile and reduces the risk of any complications.
- Reduces the risk of damage to the implant – Implants are very delicate and the Keller Funnel reduces the need to manually handle the implant itself. This can protect the implant shell which, if damaged through handling, can reduce the longevity of the implant too.
- Wider range of incision placement – Due to the incisions being smaller / shorter, it gives you and the surgeon a chance to decide on the best area of incision for you.
- Quicker healing times – less trauma is caused to the skin and surrounding tissues due to the sleek, more streamlined insertion, the short incision / cut and the minimally handled implants, which could all help to reduce the healing time.
There are a number of benefits to using this technique, which is why many surgeons, including our own surgeons, choose to use the Keller Funnel device for all breast enlargement surgeries that includes implants. It’s revolutionary design is better for the surgeons, helping them insert the implants more precisely, and the ability to keep the implants more sterile though minimum handling. For our breast implant patients, the Keller Funnel can help to reduce healing time, scarring and infection.
If you’d like to book a free consultation to discuss the use of the Keller Funnel in your breast enlargement surgery, or simply want more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The Choice Of Breast Implant Size Is Yours
This is your breast surgery journey, with a perfect fit for you.