What is the Difference Between Round and Teardrop Implants?
For many women, choosing breast augmentation surgery is a life-changing, exciting and very personal journey. In order to achieve your desired shape and reach your personal goals it a good idea to have a good look at the options available and the possible outcomes to enhance your breast surgery.
Your breast implant choice is an important decision, personal to you, so it is important to explore and fully understand the options available to help you choose your desired look.
What implant shapes are available?
There are two breast implant shapes available and at your consultation, your cosmetic surgery team will discuss with you the options available, incorporating your desired shape and look that you are hoping to achieve. Both styles are available in gel-filled or saline-filled form and a range of sizes. Your breast surgeon will suggest the best implant for your body shape, chest width, and your build.
What results will a round implant give?
Round implants are the most common choice for breast augmentation by cosmetic surgeons in the UK; approximately 85% of breast enlargement surgery is performed using a round implant. This popular shape achieves a fuller breast, creating an upper fullness in the breast; a distinct round appearance. Best suited to ladies who have existing breast tissue and are looking for a fuller or curvier look, emphasising the natural shape that you already have.
No tears for the teardrop implant
Teardrop implants are a very popular choice and as the name suggests the implants are shaped like a teardrop with more fullness in the lower half of the implant; creating a smooth tapered contour of the breast. Gently sloping from the breastbone to the nipple, teardrop implants are suitable for you if you have a slim or petite body-frame, lacking in natural breast tissue but would like a more natural look.
Which implant profile is right for me?
Breast profile is the projection of the breast from the chest wall. The ideal profile differs from patient to patient, but it is a good idea to consider whether you are hoping to achieve a fuller and rounder look, or a subtle and more natural look. There are varying degrees of profile size for implants, ranging from low profile to high profile with various profile possibilities in between. At your consultation together with our surgeons, you will take measurements of your chest and taking into consideration your body frame and proportions to help in the decision-making process for choosing the level of profile that is recommended for you.
Choosing the new you…
Together with our surgeons, you can decide which is the best implant for your body shape and the different brands we support.
- Mentor – available in three types of implant shape.
- Memory Shape are teardrop shaped for a natural silhouette shape and youthful firmness.
- Memory Gel are available in a wide range of sizes and profiles to fit your body type. Projection options on offer: classic, moderate plus, high profile and ultra-high profile.
- Mentor Saline are available in a wide range of sizes and profiles to fit your body type. Projection options on offer: moderate, moderate plus and high profile.
- Nagor – silicone and saline implant brands include Impleo, Impleo Smooth, Cogel, GFX and RGI and available in round and teardrop shaped implants with four profiles: low, medium, high, extra high.
- Polytech – an extensive range of implants from brands SublimeLine, B-Lite and Diagon/Gel 4Two. These brands are available in round and teardrop shaped implants with four profiles: low, moderate, high and extra high.
- Allergan – provide two approved implant fillers (saline and silicone) in a variety of sizes and profiles:
- Natrelle – available in profiles ranging from low, moderate, moderate-plus, high, extra-high.
- Natrelle Inspira – available in low, low plus, moderate, full and extra-full profiles.
Throughout your consultation, our team will support and guide you through every aspect of your surgery options and your aftercare nurse and patient care team are available throughout your cosmetic surgery. If you have any questions or concerns, then please contact one of our dedicated cosmetic surgery team and book your complimentary consultation.